Monday, January 07, 2008

More about movies

I just realized that I've probably missed my last chance to see 3:10 to Yuma on the big screen! It was playing at the Bloor Cinema last week. I must have been snoozing, 'cause I missed by two days! Crap! I'm really into Westerns and I have no idea how I didn't get my act together to see this on the big screen.

I'll be seeing Before The Devil Knows You're Dead on Friday. I love, love, love, Philip Seymour Hoffman. I might make it a Philip Seymour Hoffman weekend; he's in at least two other movies in the theatres now.

Hubby and I watched Fargo again last week. I'd forgotten how great that movie is. I love Margie.

I just saw, for the first time, To Sir, with Love on Sunday. I really dig Sidney Poitier and I can't resist the 60s music. I give it a thumbs up. (If my Hubby is reading this, he's rolling his eyes in disbelief that I haven't seen this movie before now. He believes that I am a bit retarded in the pop culture areas of my life.)

Holiday movies I saw: Atonement - great music and cinematography, but a wee bit slow for me; I am Legend - I loved it and really appreciated how Will Smith's character flutters on the edge of insanity. (Hubby was less enthusiastic about it.) I think there was one other movie we saw, but I just can't remember right now.

No comments: