Friday, November 03, 2006

Hair dilemma

I've been toying with the idea of cutting my hair. For those of you who don't know, I used to have very, very short hair. Very, very, very short hair. Here is 2D Girl's hair history:

Various lengths throughout childhood, usually tortured by severe perms.

Age 15ish dyed my hair hard core red (grounded by parental figures for 4 months!)

Age 16 or 17 had the local barber buzz my hair into a chelsea.

Age 18 started growing out my hair.

Undergrad graduation photo of 2D Girl with beautiful, long hair curled over her shoulders. This involved a LOT of work with a curling iron.

Post grad days. Hot summer. Cut hair to above shoulders. Summer got hotter. Cut hair completely off, but not as short as the chelsea period. Short, spikey style that screamed sexually ambiguous feminist.

Here is one of the more flattery photos of this look:





Hair remained short for about 10 years. Highlights happened off and on.



2004: Dating great guy (now the Hubby) who suggests that I grow my hair. I am skeptical, but after a discussion with my trusted hairdresser I decide to try it.

So, for the past two years I have had some lovely locks. Growing it out wasn't that hard, although I find that my hair tends to grow forward and get in my face more than I would like. I also have very thick hair that is sometimes hard to style. Although I like sweeping all of my hair up in a large clip, I think it would look better day to day if it were about three or four inches shorter than it is now.

Here are three photos showing various stages of the growing out period:






















Here is a photo from August:












Maybe all I need is a trim, but I am distracted by thoughts of taking off about four inches. I am not good at these kinds of decisions. Any advice is welcome!

No comments: