Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Life list

I read an article in the Sunday New York Times a couple of weeks ago. It was about life lists. You know, the things-I-have-to-do-before-I-die list. I've been thinking about my own life list ever since.

It's not an easy list to write. I'm being very careful about what I put on the list. I'm asking myself if the idea is really, truly something that I want to make happen. If I get a hint that I have some romantic, unrealistic idea, I don't put it on the list right away. I think about it some more and really figure out what it is exactly that I want to do.

Here's some of what I have so far:

1) Travel to Prague
2) Make a tea pot on the wheel
3) Learn more about Excel than I know now (I only now the very basics)
4) Publish a crochet pattern
5) Help build a Habitat home
6) Travel to Italy (I think I want to take a culinary course there)

I've inspired someone at work to do his own list. He's really shooting high! I feel my list is a quite conservative compared to his, but I'm comfortable with how I'm approaching it.

Watch for more updates to the list!

No comments: